The following is something that I try to live by:
In order to be happy, you have to own your weaknesses and stop comparing them to strengths of others.
And when I think of my weaknesses, I also think of my quirks.
Today I am writing about our Family Camping Binder for two reasons: 1) My OCD with lists of one of my quirks that I "own" wholeheartedly, and 2) when I mentioned I was working on it, I had many requests of what I had in it. So here it is. Hope it helps anyone else who either loves to be organized, or really needs to get organized.
Family Camping Binder
* A calendar of the summer month with all camping trips noted, reserved campsite information (including driving directions and other pertinent information if needed)
* A "Beginning of the Season" packing list (includes what we keep in the RV all season)
* A checklist of the items to pack for each camping trip
* Separate checklists for the girls (they pack their own stuff and are great at using mom's checklists)
* A menu for the weekend
* Grocery shopping list* A quick "Before we pull away from the house" list (all door and compartments closed, vents closed, etc)
* Activity lists for "On the Road" and "While Camping"
* Journal pages that we fill out on our drive home (who, what, where, when, favorite memories, etc)
* "What did we forget?" pages. Seems like there is always something we'd like to add to the next trip.
And of course, the binder cover and back are decorated with kid drawn pictures of us camping.
I love it! It helps keep us organized and sane, while still letting us get the best from our family trips.
Wow! That is a lot. No wonder I get picked on so much. :) Thanks for reading.