11.27.2009

When Little Girls Grow Up

Over the past month, I have been listing the things I am thankful for on my Facebook page. I am thankful for many things...so today I want to focus on a specific person. On here, I call her Drama. She's 9 and she's amazing!

Fourth grade is a year of many ups and downs and many changes. I hear stories daily about her friends that have boyfriends, friends that are made at other girls for talking to their boyfriends, and friends that just kissed their boyfriends! Yikes! These kids are 9 and 10 years old! And I am thankful every time that my little girl tells me these stories and then follows them with, "Mom, what is wrong with my friends? We are too young for this!" Amen!

Fourth grade has also been a year of amazing growth for Little Miss Drama. Her room is typically very clean and she like her art and crafts items organized as she tends to write and illustrate often and wants to be able to find things. However, today is another great example of the growth that we're seeing. This morning we all get up to clean up the house so that we can pull out the Christmas decorations. Once we had finished the basic cleaning and pick up of the living room and dining room , she decided that she wanted to keep cleaning. She emptied the dishwasher (like she normally does) and the continued to load the dishwasher, wipe down counters, take out garbage and recycling, organized the cupboard that we cannot seem to keep organized and then swept the floor. Then she moved on to the bathroom! The amazing thing to me is that she does such a great job. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

I am really hoping that this cleanliness somehow magically passed to her little sister. The Monkey (aka Tornado) tends to be the complete opposite of her sister at the moment. I'm sure she'll get there as she gets older - and since I'm in no hurry to hear about her Kindergarten friends dating, I guess I'm willing to wait a little longer.

Dear Drama,
I am so proud of the young lady that you are becoming. Every day you amaze me in a new little way. Thank you for the many things that you don't even know you are teaching. I absolutely love having you as a daughter.
Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment